Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Of those who say nothing, few are silent.

I cancelled my VPI pet insurance tonight.  I was a policy holder for about a week.  Once I saw all of the restrictions, rules, fine print, and deductables, it made almost no sense to be a policy holder versus just setting aside money for Winston's medical expenses, or opening a care credit account.  I used to have a wellness plan with Banfield for Walter when he was alive, and it actually was a pretty good deal.  It was great for your regular annual medical and dental appointments, didn't help much in the way of emergencies or illnesses, though.  It also didn't change the fact that Banfield vets are not ones I would recommend.  But that is a whole other can of worms.

Tyler and I looked at a venue today.  There are a lot of really attractive things about the venue, mostly having to do with price and convenience.  They will definitely remain a contender.  We have an appointment with another location on Sunday.

Our duplex no longer has a vacancy.  It appears someone has moved in to the lower unit.  Apparently, they play guitar as well.  Tyler is writing a song right now, and my neighbor is playing their guitar, so it's a bit like some sort of weird guitar duel going on right now.  I hope the new neighbor(s) are cool.

We booked our flight and hotel for New Orleans the other day.  We are going at the end of May.  We picked a hotel that appears as if it could be rather seedy, but it's right in the French Quarter, so we're okay with that.  

Tyler just got over some sort of weird illness.  I spent a lot of time taking care of him.  Whatever he had, I definitely do not want.  Of course, we googled it and cancer came up as a possibility, just like everytime you google or webmd (yes, I am using this as a verb) a symptom.

Photobucket

I have no fear that he has cancer, and like I mentioned, cancer almost always comes up as a possibility when googling or webmding, but it never ceases to give you that initial worry when it pops up as a possible cause of your symptoms.  I gotta stop doing that.

I'm a hungry hungry hippo, so it's time to eat.  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment