Monday, April 11, 2011

We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words.

Today begins the clubbing of the seals in Canada.

Photobucket

I was a little surprised to hear that many people don't know anything about this, or those that do felt it was an antiquated hobby.  Unfortunately, this is a sport that is still alive and well.  I cannot fathom how this is something people would want to take part in, but they do, apparently.  I recently read an article about elephant hunting.  Let me tell you, I LOVE elephants.  They are probably my favorite animal next to dogs.  Elephants are an amazing animal, and relatively docile.  However, because of their sheer size, I can at least visualize how some douche bag might feel pretty manly taking one down.  But seals, especially BABY seals?  Give me a fucking break.  I am so disgusted.  Especially after reading so many statistics over the past few weeks.  "Baby" harp seals are considered illegal to hunt, but once they start shedding their fur at 12-14 DAYS, they are fair game.  Are you fucking kidding me?  The average life span of Harp seals is 30-35 years.  Please don't tell me a baby at 12-14 days is old enough to defend itself against a human with a spiked club.

Photobucket

The only difficulty this person had, I'm sure, is getting enough traction on the ice to walk towards these seals.  Gross.  I hope one day they fall in the ocean and this one breaks his big teeth on his own club, that jerk.

It's a sick motherfucker who wants to beat this adorable baby with a spiked bat:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is disgusting. These people should be made fair game for hunting, what with the crimes against nature they're committing.

    ReplyDelete